Friday 26 December 2014

Hobby Hacks: Hobby Hack Number One


 
While I am waiting for my model helicopter parts to dry, I thought I would share something with you.  I have decided to call this a hobby hack.  These are useful tips that one can use while making models or other hobbies.

I can't remember exactly where I bought these clips, but I am pretty sure it was a dollar store.  I can't guarantee it was in Canada because it might have been from a 100 yen shop in Japan.  Sorry.

I am pretty sure I bought them to clamp something together, or hold something together while the glue was drying.  The funny thing is that I have never used them for that.  I think the clips are a bit too strong and could harm or scratch something (probably not, but you never know).  Instead I found a cool use for them.

They make a great stand for parts sprues while they are drying.  Let's call this hobby hack number one.


2 comments:

  1. Cool idea. I would like to get these too. I will check the dollar store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember reading this one. I use clothes pins.

    ReplyDelete