Sunday 1 April 2012

Welcome to my Hobby Blog


Welcome to my hobby blog.  I considered giving my self the title of King of Hobbies, but that really didn't make sense.  To be the King of Hobbies I would probably have to be quite good at some of them.  I can't make that claim because it is far from the truth.  Over the years I have taken up and temporarily stopped (I don't want to say abandoned because someday.....) many hobbies.  In addition to that, I have researched and planned to start many more.  Perhaps Jack of all Hobbies would be a better moniker --as in Jack of all Hobbies, Master of none.

Just like the subtitle to the blog says, I am often bored and rather than fill my life with the completion of useful tasks, because in combination with boredom I suffer from a mild form of procrastination, I take up hobbies. 

As I see it, this blog will be composed of many different things, because if I can't stick to one hobby how could I possibly stick to writing about just one thing.  I plan to write about the different hobbies I have take up, the ones I have researched, and my future hobby dreams--and believe me, I have lots of those.  I will also mix in amusing stories of my hobby foibles, as well as thoughts on the state of hobby pursuits in the twenty-first century.  On top of all that, I may find time to review tools, hobby kits, and anything else.  In essence, I am promising a mixed bag of tricks.  My definition of hobby is rather broad.  Everything may not appeal to each one of you out there, but hopefully it won't be boring--because we know what will happen then, don't we?

I hope you find what I write about interesting and amusing.  As for myself, perhaps this is a way of exorcising the hobby demon from within.  Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment