Friday 11 May 2012

Progress Report

I started this blog with the idea that it would contain a whole bunch of things.  I had this mission statement


I plan to write about the different hobbies I have take up, the ones I have researched, and my future hobby dreams--and believe me, I have lots of those.  I will also mix in amusing stories of my hobby foibles, as well as thoughts on the state of hobby pursuits in the twenty-first century.  On top of all that, I may find time to review tools, hobby kits, and anything else.  In essence, I am promising a mixed bag of tricks. 


I think I have covered the foibles and the amusing stories, but I really haven't updated you on my hobby progress. That is where this blog comes in.


Amongst my many hobbies, building plastic models ranks pretty high.  I build cars, military vehicles, Japanese castles, and science fiction subjects.  One of my ambitions is to build a car themed diorama.  It was this in mind that I started the Fujimi Tools kit.

 

I really liked the subject of this kit because it was a little different. I am attracted to more unusual pieces.  I have seen some nice finished examples of this on the internet.  My pieces are coming along, but, as you can see, they need a little finishing.

 I should point out (because I have learnt that there are some very smart people inhabiting the internet) that the engine is not from the Fujimi kit.  I am also working on a Ford Fairlane--but the engine is all that I have managed to finish.

I also recently finished the Schwimmwagen.  (okay, I haven't added the crew, but I probably won't)



That is where things stand, today.  As far as models go.  You'll find out the progress, or lack of progress, in future blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment