Wednesday 16 May 2012

A Whacky Idea

While writing the post about the Rubik's cube, and pondering my sometimes lacklustre economic future, I wondered if I should set up a business solving the cubes.  I envisioned a system whereby people sent me their cubes (along with a return envelope with sufficient postage) and I would solve their cubes and send them back.
Of course I expected to charge a small fee for the service.
I know what all of you are thinking.
1  People could buy the book (or check on line) and solve the cubes themselves
2 It would be easier, and cheaper, to take the cube apart and reassemble it correctly
3 Nobody would pay for that

Sadly, the last point is the one that I think is most true.  I know there are thousands of cubes clogging up people's basements, or going unsold at garage sales.  I am sure it would be easy to find them a new home if only they were solved.
Weep, for this dream is dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment