Sunday 4 November 2012

Progress Report: Nanoblock Space Shuttle


Just a short break in the list of hobbies I would take up if time and money were no question (but in reality always are) to give you an update on my hobbies.  For this issue, we will be looking at my latest Nanoblock build.


I picked up the space shuttle when I got the drum kit I previously reviewed.  Overall, I am happy that Nanoblocks are more widely available.  I hope that other people find them as much fun as I do.  I did a quick check and found that the price for this particular kit is much more expensive in Japan (the home of Nanoblocks).  I checked it out on Amazon.  I guess things that are not of Japanese interest are more expensive in Japan.  It's worth checking out.


What happens when you drop a piece

It took quite a lot of time to put this particular model together partly due to the number of pieces and the size of the pieces.  (I was going to invent a word like itsybitsiness, or teenyweeniness--but as an ESL teacher, my colleagues would probably never forgive me for it)  I would suggest not assembling this anywhere near heating vents.  As you can see from some of the pictures I have carpet--it keeps the pieces from flying too far away.


ready for final assembly
The kit came with some unique pieces.  That probably means that some very creative people in Japan have bought a bunch of these kits and will utilize them in some fun and unique way--I have seen this before on a TV show called TV Champion, Lego edition--the things they could do are amazing.  I will have to check out YouTube. (a quick check shows that there are quite a few Nanoblock videos on YouTube as well.)


the finished product



If you haven't put together any Nanoblocks yet, this would be a good kit to start with.  It wasn't my first, and I am sure it won't be my last.






No comments:

Post a Comment