Wednesday 19 December 2012

The Perfect Christmas Beer



Is there a perfect Christmas beer?  Marketing people must thinks so.  Why else would the liquor store (LCBO for me) be stocked to the rafters with the huge variety of beer gift packs that normally don't warrant all that shelf space.  Though they make attractive gifts and keepsakes, if I bought them all, I would have way too many glasses for my shelves.

Forgetting the novelty of these gift packs, is there a perfect Christmas beer?  I have sample some of the winter beers, and most often been disappointed.  They seemed more like wine, and less like beer.  I like strong beer, but I still want it to taste like beer.  I can only conclude that winter beer really isn't the perfect Christmas beer.

 
Now, if this was fictional, I would list that the perfect Christmas beer got you happy tipsy, but never fall into the Christmas tree (or fireplace) drunk, doesn't fill your bladder just when it is time to open the presents and it wouldn't provide you with a hangover (the least favourite Christmas present) but the reality is a little different.  A perfect Christmas beer is one that tastes good, goes with all the Christmas foods, doesn't make you feel stuffed and doesn't have the bitter aftertaste which leads to bad Christmas photos.

I would love to hear other people's thoughts on the issue.  Recommendations will be followed up as soon as I can go to the LCBO, or Beer Store.

No comments:

Post a Comment