Sunday 27 January 2013

The Post Christmas Hobby Blues


January seemed to fly by.  Before you know it we will be in February.  Yes, we have the spectacular Groundhog Day to look forward to, but .... things seem to be moving too fast.

I realized, perhaps too late, that I had fallen victim to "the post Christmas hobby blues."  It happens every year, or almost every year.  Christmas brings on many hobby opportunities, some self indulgent hobby spending, and some very ambitious plans for the upcoming year.  January sees all of these things fall by the wayside.

What is it about January?  Is it the worry that I should be in the gym like every other resolution maker (and breaker) or is it the amount of snow I should be shovelling?  Is it sobering reflection on that aforementioned self indulgent spending?  Is it that there won't be any new nanoblock releases for a few months?  In truth, I am not really sure what it is.  I know it's real, but I don't know the cause.

I would love to hear from the rest of the hobby world.  Are any of you experiencing the post Christmas hobby blues?

No comments:

Post a Comment