Sunday 28 April 2013

It's Pool Time!


That's right everyone.  It's pool time.  No, not swimming pool time--it's still a tad chilly for that.  I'm talking playoff hockey pools.  Players will be evaluated and scrutinized, picks will be debated, strategies will be formed and trash talk will be prepared.  Ah.... what a fantastic time it will be.

There is a wrinkle this year.  My team is in the playoffs.  That means that loyalty will compete with practicality.  When I look league wide, there are players I cannot pick (Ottawa Senators for example) because I would rather lose with my guys, than win with the enemy.  I do not know how I will fare this year.

Will he play?
There are other wrinkles too.  Some fantastic players are injured.  Will they come back in time?  Will there team advance enough to see them return in future rounds?  There are so many questions, and if you consult the internet, then you'll get too many answers.

Last year I chose first, and took Sidney Crosby.  He and some of my other picks were inspired.  Had I chosen better goalies, I would have won the whole thing.

Of course, there is a huge amount of luck in the whole endeavour.  I can only hope my luck holds out.

No comments:

Post a Comment