Thursday 12 March 2015

Another tool? Really?


And I bought new gloves too.
 
I think it is well chronicled on these pages that I have a weakness for tools.  I've written a number of posts about it, and taken more pictures than I should.  I also have to admit that I open the Canadian Tire and Home Hardware flyers first--well before the food.  Whenever I visit those stores, I always walk around the tool sections, hefting the wrenches and drills when opportunity allows.

So it should come as no surprise that bike ownership can also include some tools.

When I purchased the bike, I asked what tools I would need--this is probably the kind of words a salesman dreams of hearing.  However, they said I would need a pump, a multi tool and some tire levers.  The assured me the bike comes with a several tune-ups and there was much less maintenance than a mountain bike.

Being at the bike show, I couldn't resist picking up this tool.  Will I need it?  Doubtless, there are ways to measure chain wear without this tool--but .....tools are cool.  I like tools. 
 
As you can see, it was a moment of weakness.  Fortunately for me, it isn't a big ticket item, and it didn't break the bank.  It was cheaper than I have seen it at bike shops and even online shops.  It isn't like I bought the entire Park Tool Master Kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment